There were some rampant rumors within the Gorillaz community this past week! News spread quickly that Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck would appear alongside Gorillaz in an upcoming music video. The same leaker also told people within the fan community that the proposed name for the upcoming album would be Postcards.
It’s since been revealed that all of these leaks were indeed fake, an attempt from somebody to possibly gain some internet notoriety.
In fact, Jamie confirmed with fan account Everything Gorillaz that the Bugs/Daffy rumor wasn’t true:
Either way, we are back to square one — this phase is certainly a mystery! Here is what we know so far:
- Fatoumata Diawara was involved in a music video shoot September 2019.
- Moonchild says she’s on the album and implied that it was nearly finished September.
- Guiltybeatz says he recorded with Gorillaz, along with a couple other collaborators.
- The TV series has morphed into something bigger.
- JPEGMAFIA says he met Gorillaz in 2019.
- Gorillaz commented on an Off Bloom post and implied they were collaborating.
- The Horrors posted a picture of themselves recording with Gorillaz in December 2018.
- Jamie has been drawing and animating in 2019.
- We’ve received postcards from every band member, implying there’s some lore coming our way.
- Jamie may have posted a demo of some new music.
According to Jamie, all will be revealed soon…